Roots Allotments. Allota FutureLand Limited trading as Root Allotments, headed by the Patch Manager, is responsible for the day to day management of the site. Patches are subscribed from Roots Allotments.
Subscriber. A person who is a subscriber of from Roots Allotments services.
Common Areas. Areas of sites used by all members e.g. main pathways and tracks, turning points, car parks, gates, fencing and hedges are the responsibility of Roots Allotments.
Subscriptions. All subscriptions are monthly rolling. A Joining Fee is paid to secure the services and is non-refundable in the event the Subscriber does not stay for a full 12 months. If the Subscriber leaves after 12 months the Joining Fee can be refunded. All subscribers get access to the following as part of their Subscription:
- Access to Roots Site
- Running water
- Ready-To-Plant Plants ("Plug Plants")
- Workshops, Talks & Events
- Mulch spreading
- Learning platform
- Future app
Site Insurance. Roots Allotments will arrange Public Liability Insurance for the site. Roots Allotments is NOT responsible for loss or damage to Subscribers possessions caused through vandalism or theft.
A subscriber, having paid their Joining Fee/First Year Subscription Fees will then automatically become a member of the Roots Allotments Community and will be bound by the following conditions:
1. The patch must be used throughout the year with no less than 50% planted at any one time. The plot will be kept tidy and weed free, including but not limited to airborne seeds.
2. Subscribers will not cause nuisance or annoyance to other plot holders.
3. No sharing of patches by Subscribers without written consent from Roots Allotments.
4. Subscribers may not erect any building or structure on the allotment without the written consent of Roots Allotments. Dimensions, colour, manufacturer's specifications, positioning and rainwater collection provision with adequate water storage are all to be agreed by Roots Allotments in advance of any construction. Solid concrete floors are forbidden.
5. Subscribers may not sell or carry away any mineral, gravel, sand or clay from the allotment.
6. Fruit trees and bushes must not exceed 2.5 meters from ground level and must be a minimum of 1m from the edge of the plot.
7. Subscribers must not use barbed or razor wire, iron sheeting or carpeting on site. Absolutely no glass to be brought onto site.
8. Water storage units must be child friendly/safe.
9. No littering or disposing of refuse on site.
10. Dogs are welcome only on a lead and all dog waste/feaces must be removed from site by the Subscriber who brought the dog on site.
11. Roots Allotments will not be liable for compensation on repossession of a plot or plots for any trees or other crops that require more than 12 months to mature, or less than 12 months in the case of Subscriber cancellation.
12. Subscribers must observe all conditions and covenants contained in any lease under which Roots Allotments holds the land on which the allotments are situated.
13. Subscribers shall not use any chemical sprays, fertilisers or pesticides of any kind. This is an organic site and we encourage & will advise natural methods for pest and disease control.
14. All green waste must be composted; brown waste, weed roots and diseased plants must be removed from the allotments for disposal. Fires are not permitted on the allotment site.
15. Subscribers will not cultivate genetically modified crops.
16. Subscribers will not keep any livestock on the land without the prior permission of Roots Allotments.
17. Subscribers must make arrangements for the removal of all sheds, tools and crops within 14 days of the termination of their Subscription and return any keys to the allotment gates they may have. If any items are not removed within 28 days Roots Allotments may dispose of them as it thinks fit and will recover any costs from the Subscriber.
18. Any Subscriber in breach of this agreement may have their membership cancelled. Cancellation will take place 30 days after notice has been served. However, if during the first 14 days after receiving the cancellation notice the Subscriber provides details of how the breach will be rectified, has given acceptable reasons to account for the problems that have arisen or has resumed cultivation of their plot(s) Roots Allotments may withdraw the cancellation notice. Temporary absence, illness or family matters may be considered adequate reasons for a period of poor cultivation and cancellation would only be applied after due consideration by Roots Allotments. The proper cultivation or other necessary work required in response to a notice to quit must be done or substantially completed within the first 4 weeks following the date of the original notice to quit. Failure to comply will result in immediate cancellation of Roots Allotments Membership.
19. Subscription Payments are due monthly and are to be paid to Roots Allotments via the payment portal using a direct debit/card. If payment is not made promptly the patch will be deemed to be vacant and will be re-let if missed payment is not received within 30 days of the due date.
20. Once a Subscriber makes their Joining Fee/First Years Fees they are bound by these terms and conditions. Failure to comply with these terms and conditions could result in their membership being cancelled and the loss of their Joining Fee.
21. No compensation will be given if the Subscriber cancels, forcibly or by choice, for any improvements made to the land.
sign up for £10 off Your Joining fee
Plus growing advice, monthly competitions and good vibes in your inbox